Maps - Program Manager, Learning Solutions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. People at Apple don’t just build products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of you and your ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This Program Manager, Learning Solutions role is responsible for being the direct liaison between Apple and the vendor team(s) responsible for building our training materials. The role will ensure the program supports the overall strategy and goals of the L&D team. This position includes working with the content development and facilitation team, production, operations, quality, and other key departments to ensure content development/publish, production schedules (including efficiency and quality targets) and customer happiness goals are met. The Program Manager, Learning Solutions possesses a rare blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, the drive and tactical ability to make that vision a reality. They enjoy spending time finding the right balance between adherence to Apple standards and ensuring the vendor is supported in executing to the business needs. This person is also able to communicate with all areas of the company, and work with internal counterparts to define training product release requirements. The Program Manager will work with the content and facilitation team, and line-of-business, to define the go-to-production, and help define the training product, measurements, key benefits, and target profile and involving vendor(s) when necessary. If this sounds like you, we'd love to speak with you about our awesome team!
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of relevant work experience in vendor management.
- Previous learning and development industry background required.
- Product management, product development, and/or training/technical skills.
- Experience working with SOWs, RFPs and change orders.
- Delivery and development of services, information, training, web based, and/or software products
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Leading diversified teams with strong ability to influence with little or no direct authority
- Global experience
- Cultural sensitivity/awareness
- Agile - Scrum Certification
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Review performance metrics to ensure the vendor(s) are within the specifications in the contract. - Review and implement critical issues to and from the vendor. - Work closely with other internal groups to create/modify the contracts used in our vendor relationships. - Establishing processes and measuring the efficiency/quality of deliverables - Specifying business requirements for current and future products by leading customer feedback activities and working with the content, facilitation, line-of-business, and quality manager. - Developing key portfolio critical metrics and tracking/reporting and adjusting plan(s) as appropriate - make data driven decisions. - Collaborate with business units to obtain requirements, timeline, and measures. - Review and approve vendor invoices. - Measuring/understanding and reporting outwards and upwards on the overall impact training content has on production/operations - Develop and/or support the development of L&D Processes that optimize L&D performance and allow team to execute with consistency both in terms of quality and timeliness. - Exceptional attention to focus both in terms of quality and timeliness
Education & Experience
- MS degree in Geography, Business, Education/Learning, Technology or relevant major Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.