Mac OS Accessibility SW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to be a linchpin for Apple’s most influential products? Our team, MacOS Accessibility Software Engineering, is looking for a talented Software Engineer who can contribute directly to our runtime infrastructure. This position requires a highly creative and self-motivated individual, capable of communicating with and giving feedback to others in a range of roles across software engineering and beyond. Iteration and innovation are core values on our team. You should relish change, and be prepared to question commonly established practices, with the desire to create the best possible experience to enrich the lives of Accessibility users, both current and future.
- Strong programmer with experience in C, Objective-C, or C++.
- Expert in Object Oriented programming languages
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Ability to write quality code and ship quality products.
- Proven record of managing several concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to existing source code.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driven to ship products that surprise and delight
As an engineer on the Accessibility Engineering team, you will be contributing to Apple's award-winning accessibility features, such as VoiceOver, Switch Control and System Zoom. You will also be creating innovative new solutions to deliver the best possible experience to users with disabilities along with providing essential support to mainstream features that rely on accessibility. While critical thinking and the ability to innovate are requirements for this position, no previous experience designing for users with disabilities is required. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including MacOS Application teams, other MacOS Framework teams, and many other hardware and software engineering teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Experience with Apple's Accessibility APIs.
- • Deep knowledge of Objective-C and Apple technologies