Application Support Engineer, Revenue and Reconciliation (Apple Retail Programs)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Engineering Solutions group is looking for an Application Support Engineer to manage operations of a critical finance application. The Corporate Systems group at Apple focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple's Finance, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from iTunes Downloads, App Store, iPhone Activations, sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers, etc. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Oracle and NoSQL Databases. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength.
- 2+ years of experience in application support engineering
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Application and database scalability concepts are required
- Core Java development background is essential
- Expertise in application monitoring tools and issue traceability into application code
- Familiarity with any no SQL database
- Experience in messaging platforms
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including authoring operations manuals
- Expertise in scripting languages is a plus
- Familiarity with Docker is highly desired
- Exposure to Search platforms like ElasticSearch or Solr is a plus
In this role, you will be responsible for providing Tier 2 support for a critical finance platform. The role requires comprehension of a complex software product architecture and having related interaction with product development. The support engineer will continuously contribute to product design to ensure conformance to production scenarios. This role will evaluate monitoring tools and put in place alerts that will give details to address production issues and insights into the well being of the application. This individual will actively engage in new project initiatives to identify the impact to the existing footprint and work with other teams when additional capacity is needed. This role will also manage a product development track for building utilities that are useful for day to day operations. Scalability and performance constitutes the core of this application and this individual will ensure we are making strides in this area in spite of the constant growth of data. This is a very fast paced environment and requires interaction with several groups. Good communication in a highly technical setup is essential for this role. - You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Computer Science or Equivalent.
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?