Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, our customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. The Consulting Engineering team at Apple helps ensure the technical integrity of platforms, solutions, and apps developed for our customers. We solve technical and business problems to ensure success for both Apple and its customers. We provide both deep technical sales consulting and support in the area of Mac technologies with a goal of transforming the way people teach, learn, and work.
- Apple and the industry
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others. (Ambiguity)
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple. (Integrity & Trust)
- You bring IT knowledge in the areas of enterprise application development for iOS, macOS, and competing platforms. You can clearly articulate the advantages Apple’s native application development environment brings to large organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation. (Functional & Technical Skills)
- Customer, partner and team relationships
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them. (Customer)
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward. (Communication)
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win. (Relationships)
- Strategy, solutions and results
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth. (Building Solutions)
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way. (Results)
- You think clearly. You simplify complex problems and distill big decisions down to their core. It’s rarely easy. Sometimes decisions require you to make tough calls, even after considerable energy has been invested - but you own it. You stand by your deep analysis, wisdom and experience to make quality and timely decisions. (Decisions)
- Deep subject matter experience advising on Mac technical solutions in very large and complex education, enterprise, and government environments, especially in the areas of productivity, creative arts, publishing, infrastructure, and development.
- Expertise in deploying, managing, scripting, and automating macOS. This includes both native device management capabilities as well as various open source, community, and commercial solutions for configuring Macs at scale.
- Demonstrable macOS security architecture design skills with understanding of specific business vertical needs. This includes data leakage protection, encryption, secure boot, T1/T2 architectures, regulatory compliance/certifications, authentication, identity providers, logging, and auditing.
- Possess Mac app development, design, and deployment foundations, including Xcode, Objective-C, and Swift. Experience with scripting languages such as python, bash, AppleScript, etc. a plus.
- Experienced integrating Macs in to wired and wireless enterprise networks, and know the value of security and integration in multivendor environments.
- Proven track record of uncovering, documenting, measuring, and influencing technical sales requirements for hardware, software, and service platforms.
- Strong presentation skills with audiences of various sizes and experience levels.
- Background in consulting, finance, marketing, or other non-technical discipline a plus.
We are trusted advisors to Apple's Enterprise and Education customers on Apple best practices for Mac technologies that help transform business and further enable the adoption of the Apple platform. We deeply understand the deployment, management, integration, and security needs within our customers’ organizations and their technical ambitions. We help remove barriers and friction points enabling customer readiness for our platform. We create new best practices and share them. We work collaboratively across Apple, our sales organizations, channel and other strategic solution partners to change the way people work. We are deep subject matter experts - we consult on the most innovative and game changing solutions for business thru the use of our platform and technologies. We build strategic plans with Apple’s and our partner’s sales, engineering, product marketing and quality teams. We lead complex, customer-facing architecture, development, and deployment conversations. We implement, design, author and deliver training programs and technical documents both within Apple and to our customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Position can be based in Santa Clara Valley, Austin, Chicago, NYC.