Financial Analyst, Engineering Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. We are seeking a highly analytical and team-oriented finance professional to join the iTunes Finance team supporting the growth of the App Store, MUSIC, and the iTunes Store globally.
- 4+ years relevant Finance experience in a high performance and dynamic organization
- Hands-on financial experience with modeling, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to quickly build effective working relationships and influence cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Process re-engineering - ability to continually challenge the status quo process and ensuring continual value add and efficiency
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and solutions simultaneously
- Self-motivated and independent. Ability to deliver compelling solutions in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and contending priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results of analysis in easy to understand business terms. Presents data in simple and intuitive formats.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with precise attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required.
- Experience with Tableau, FileMaker and SAP, BPC, Essbase enterprise systems preferred.
You will serve as the primary Finance business partner to the iTunes Engineering, Data Analytics and Content Operations teams globally, providing support with budget and headcount management, key decision-making, M&A activity and business process improvement. Beyond the day-to-day support and routine forecast deliverables, this role is expected to dig in with business partners to provide management with actionable insights and cost optimization opportunities.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- - Be first point of contact to business partners on Finance queries
- - Participate in quarterly business reviews. Provide updates on budget, headcount and other relevant topics to senior management
- - Develop driver-based cost models for key spend areas. Use models to provide accurate cost forecasts and to uncover saving opportunities.
- - Drive headcount and cost allocation model for product-level financial reporting
- - Own monthly operating expense forecasting for area
- - Present forecasted and actual business results to senior Finance leadership
- - Partner with business teams to develop annual business plan
- - Approve expenditure requests
- - Perform ad hoc reporting and analyses
- - Work closely with FP&A team to fulfill corporate finance deliverables
- - Complete relevant aspects of quarterly close activities
- - Support acquisition integration and modeling activities
- - Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures