Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Human Interface Devices Software team is responsible for delivering internal applications, tools, drivers, and frameworks for HID devices and sensing technologies. This includes Multi-touch, motion, ambient light sensors, trackpads, mice, and other input devices. We work closely with Algorithm, Firmware, Application, Design, and User Study teams to deliver an integrated customer experience.
- 2-7 years experience developing system software such as drivers or frameworks
- Strong C and objected-oriented programming skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with code you’ve never seen before, and understand the pertinent functionality
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
- Must be comfortable working at both higher and lower levels of the software stack
HID Software is looking for an engineer to work on drivers, frameworks, and tools for OS X and iOS. In this role, you will maintain existing software, and develop new software for future products and sensing technologies. The ideal candidate has experience dealing with human factors, enjoys supporting technology investigations, and is comfortable jumping between multiple layers of the software stack.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
- Experience designing SW interfaces or APIs is a plus
- Experience implementing customer-facing features is a plus
- Familiarity with IOKit, Objective-C, and other iOS/OS X technoligies is a plus
- Ability to develop graphical tools to assist with development and testing is a plus