Software Application Support Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Employee Systems team is seeking a Software Application Support Engineer who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core application services for a number of applications. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. To run our environment efficiently, we drive for automation and build frameworks which help ease both the end user experience and the manageability by our team. The teams direction is to strive for automation to ensure reliability at the highest level. You will work with some of the coolest people and technologies on the planet, including: OS X, iOS, Oracle, MongoDB, Restful web services, and web platform technologies including Spring, Apache, and more. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background,
- 3+ years of Software development experience building highly scalable RESTful web services
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Spring
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts; Current experience developing fault tolerant applications in Java
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Experience with database technologies, preferably NoSQL.
- Familiarity with logging systems like Splunk.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, AppDynamics or equivalent.
- Track record in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
- Basic understanding of DevOps processes.
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN or Git)
- Experience with build and deployment tools, e.g., Maven, Gradle
- Good Oral and written english communication skills
- Passionate and inquisitive to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
The Employee Systems team is responsible to build Employee related business applications. You will be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. RESPONSIBILITIES: You will help engineer and maintain innovative software applications. The Application Support Engineer will not only support operations, but also work closely with the development engineers within the team to aid in architectural design and assist with implementation of complex features. You will be responsible to improve the performance, availability, scalability and monitoring of all of Employee Systems. You will work closely with business partners, other engineering teams, quality assurance and management. This is a hands on coding role and be able to co-ordinate with offshore team. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the keys measures of Success. Be able to work well in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.
- - Familiarity with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo. Cassandra is a huge plus
- - Familiarity with UI stack (HTML/JQuery/ Angular is a huge plus)
- - Familiarity with Kafka is a plus
- - Search Technologies like Elasticsearch, Lucene
- - Knowledge of HR systems will be a big plus