Channel Service Support - Readiness Manager - Americas
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Channel Service Support - Readiness Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Project Managers, Quality Program Managers, Technical Resource Developers and API production support individuals as part of the wider CSS team in AMR. The role involves leading the preparation of appropriate project documentation, delegation of tasks to team members, effective and clear communication to the Leadership team and to internal partners, oversight of project risk and associated mitigation plans as it relates to CSS and leadership of change management activities within CSS groups. The role will be responsible for supporting projects across all products, channels, and regions. This role will also be responsible for cross-regional coordination, meetings and projects, which requires flexible hours.
- Previous people management experience and 3-5 years Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in successfully mentoring diverse teams
- Solid understanding of systems such as SAP, GSX, GCRM, iLog, GSX and Mobile Genius a plus
- Experience with projects from scoping and design, to planning, testing and implementation
- Solid understanding of project portfolio management processes
- Broad supply-chain operations experience with knowledge of inter process complexities
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written. You show a solid ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization
- Excellent forward thinking capabilities. You show an ability to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive project teams toward the desired program outcome
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and consistently multi-task
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” paired with an excellent attention to detail.
- Extraordinary analytical and problem solving skills. Action and detailed oriented
- A track record demonstrating strategic thought, leadership, innovation, and effectiveness at influencing others to drive meaningful change
- Customer-centric attitude with demonstrated ability to work independently with the utmost professionalism, integrity and dependability
- Capability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress/fast paced work environment
- Works effectively within a global business environment where engagement with global counterparts is required to standardize business practices and processes across regions. Coordinating efforts with other geographies, often requiring additional hours and late/early phone calls
- Highly tactical in nature, approaches problems and projects systematically and is energized by working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated background in continuous improvement and application in a program/project oriented role
- Experience/Certification in quality programs and Six Sigma a plus
You have a solid track record in project management activities, have strong communication and collaboration skills, are self-motivated, have shown leadership capabilities and will ensure that we continue to achieve best-in-class levels of customer satisfaction and operational perfection through the precise delivery and execution of projects into CSS. You will not be satisfied with the status quo, and will always be in search of a better way to do things in their role and within the organization that they influence. This role will further be responsible for performing all management activities for staff including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, salary management and professional development through job assignment, coaching and training. Understanding of AppleCare, service processes, quality programs and communicates regularly to key partners to ensure quality of products and services Supports knowledge transfer to business unit managers to facilitate creation of robust sustainable business processes Lead team development in critical and creative analytics Effective management of employees via provision of development plans, career goals and consistent employee performance monitoring and feedback. Influence decisions and facilitate change management through collaboration and leadership Anticipate potential problems/risks and work aggressively to implement solutions to a wide range of cross functional issues Develop trust of key AppleCare partners by ensuring precise execution on projects Ability to lead at times an extremely challenging workload and continue to drive improvements and efficiencies Identify and communicate training and development opportunities Provide reports to management on Projects and highlight any issues with proposed preventative actions Find opportunities for automation, integration and process improvement Ability to lead regional quality programs. Develop, run and maintain knowledge base resources that enables an efficient support model.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree required with a minimum of 5 years of related experience - MBA a plus but not required - PMP certification desired but not required - Six Sigma certification a plus Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicant.