iOS Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. iOS Performance Engineering is seeking motivated and dedicated engineer focused on Performance, specifically looking at hardware and systems architecture. You will be part of highly cross-functional team working with groups across the organization, from hardware to applications, to help drive new innovations into optimal use of the hardware to meet performance requirement of future iPhones and iPads.
- Understanding of OS fundamentals
- Strong understanding of SoC architectures with focus on system performance tuning
- Strong understanding of low level software and hardware impact
- Experience with performance tools
- Experience with driver or kernel development
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C+
- Excellent software engineering experience in multiple areas, or other experience pointing to success as a generalist.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose software design and solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Prior development in Unix, Linux, or macOS
- Excellent spoken and written communication
Collaborate with HW systems/Architecture teams, CPU and GPU teams to meet performance challenges for upcoming hardware technologies and SW features. You will work closely with power team to tune SoC performance for best customer experience and also help improve tuning methodology by defining benchmarks and models to represent customer experience. This position will require engaging with other engineering teams to gain a deep understanding of problem domains when developing features and evangelize best practices and pursue improvements
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.
- Prior development in Unix, Linux, or macOS is a plus
- Prior experience with performance tools is a plus
- Prior experience with driver or kernel development is a plus