Senior software engineer - Maps Vector Display Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an experienced software engineer familiar with computational geometry for a server-side role building the next generation of Apple Maps.
- You have solid experience with at least one of Scala, Java, or C++.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with computational geometry (from maps, games, graphics, simulation, etc).
- Experience working on large, dynamic projects with cross-functional teams.
Apple Maps is collecting more and more data and we’re excited to use it to enable new features. Join our server-side vector map display team and help make it happen! Your work will merge art and science, mixing computational geometry, graph algorithms, computer graphics, distributed computing, cartography, and data compression. The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, but with a work-life balance. You’ll write robust and performant software that scales to run on an entire world’s worth of information to produce data that will be seen and used by millions of people every day.
Education & Experience
MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with distributed computing (Apache Spark or Hadoop).
- Experience with digital mapping technologies.