Senior Software Engineer - Vector Map Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an extraordinary coder to work on the server side of vector map display. An ideal position for a strong generalist, you’ll have exposure to a rich variety of topics including computational geometry, graph algorithms, map-reduce, analytics, data compression, client-server protocols, and computer graphics.person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
- You have excellent skills in C++ or Java, and object-oriented design.
- Your broad knowledge of computer science and systems gives you the ability to quickly learn new domains.
- You have proven system development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Solaris, BSD, OS X).
- You're an excellent problem solver with strong analytic skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Experience with Hadoop would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
You’ll be working on state of the art of GIS technology, crunching massive amounts of geographic data which will be used by customers worldwide! In a dynamic, continuously-integrated environment, you'll use your engineering know-how to design robust, flexible software for a critical pipeline, while taking a hands-on approach, working with client engineers to deliver the next generation of Maps features.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science.
- The following experience is nice to have, but not required.
- Experience with navigation or GIS software.
- Background in computational geometry or computer graphics.