Software Engineer -Server Development - Vector Map Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
.We are seeking an extraordinary coder with solid C++ experience to work on the server side of vector map display. An ideal position for a strong generalist, you’ll have exposure to a rich variety of topics including We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you
- You have excellent skills in C++ or Java, and object-oriented design.
- Your broad knowledge of computer science and systems gives you the ability to quickly learn new domains.
- You have proven system development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Solaris, BSD, OS X).
- You're an excellent problem solver with strong analytic skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Experience with Hadoop would be an asset.
Apple is looking for a software engineer to play a key role on our vector maps service. You’ll be working on state of the art of GIS technology, crunching massive amounts of geographic data which will be visible to customers worldwide. In a dynamic, continuously-integrated environment, you'll use your engineering know-how to design robust, flexible software for a mission critical pipeline, while taking a hands-on approach, working with client engineers to deliver the next generation of Maps features. We are seeking an excellent teammate who practices phenomenal attention to detail.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Exposure to computational geometry or computer graphics a plus but not required.