macOS/iOS Kernel Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS Wireless Technologies team is actively looking for an expert Radio Frequency (RF) Software Engineer to chip in and buildApple’s future wireless products. You will need in-depth knowledge in wireless communications, excellent software fundamentals, strong communication skills, and a dream to work with an amazing team to innovate and develop groundbreaking products. Only innovative and tenacious people need to apply.
- Hands-on experience in mobile phone/chipset development.
- In-depth knowledge of mobile communications, RF transceiver, antenna tuning, adaptive algorithm, and deep learning.
- Experience in wireless systems, e.g., LTE, GSM, WCDMA, CDMA, WiFi, is helpful.
- Collaboration with internal/international teams about issue and solutions
- Strong C programming skills
- Ability to use RF lab equipment (CMW 500,Agilent 8960, Anritsu 8820C, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Ability to work under tight schedule and deliver on time.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills.
Bring up iPhone/iPad modem transceiver systems in close collaboration with RF HW, Baseband and Protocol SW teams. Build, develop and optimize RF transceiver and antenna adaptation algorithms and SW modules to improve field performance, factory yield, and RF testability. Provide RF SW expertise to investigations of critical RF issues in a cross-functional HW/SW working environment. Drive vendors’ R&D teams and deliver RF SW features and fixes under aggressive schedules.
Education & Experience
MS degree + 3 years experience in mobile device development. Deep understanding and hands on experiences with RF HW and Baseband Modem technology would be a PLUS.