Senior Designer, 3DVM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. The Marcom 3DVM team manages the development of physical deliverables in support of the Marcom group’s initiatives and creative intent. Our responsibilities include developing and deploying complex visual merchandising fixtures, furniture, and solutions for Apple’s worldwide retail and channel partners. Apple is looking for a mid to senior level designer with experience designing retail/commercial interior environments and/or consumer products, lighting and furniture to join the 3D/Visual Merchandising Design team and work with a multi-disciplinary group of designers focused on creating innovative and inspiring retail experiences. You will be responsible for designing installations, displays and environments for Apple in various retail settings.
- At least 3-4 years of design experience in related field
- You have the ability to approach design problems with creativity and passion
- Excellent design skills, proven through a portfolio of work
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and visualization software on Mac OS platforms (Rhino, Cinema 4D and/or Keyshot preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Drawing/sketching ability a plus
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing and prototyping process and general construction and engineering principles
- Extraordinary eye for detail
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- You are adept at time management and organization and able to work within tight timeframes
Develop and improve designs, through an iterative process, to meet objectives on projects that span architecture, interior design, industrial design, communications and experience design. Work closely and collaboratively with a team of designers to execute against project briefs and assigned tasks. Work closely with industrial design, product development/engineering and 3D production teams. Produce design development and/or intent packages for production and fabrication Regularly review creative work with the team’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction and ensure alignment with other activities in the group. Participate in presentations or meetings as appropriate.
Education & Experience
BFA in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Furniture Design, Industrial Design or similar field, with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a design agency or professional practice is required.