Platform Engineer - Corporate MDM
Elk Grove, California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Mobile Device Management plays a critical role keeping devices at Apple secure and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to help manage and maintain our large scale, rapidly growing Corporate MDM environment. We are looking for an individual with end-user experience and aptitude. This person will develop, maintain and expand end-user solutions and infrastructure in a Linux environment, focusing on MDM for a large scale deployment of macOS, iOS and tvOS devices.
- Minimum 5 years in a professional environment with much of the past two years in MDM
- System administration experience; primarily in Unix systems such as Linux and macOS
- Experience in coding and scripting: shell, perl, php; AppleScript a plus
- Requires strong experience with MDM, focusing on macOS, iOS and tvOS
- Jamf experience essential; minimum Jamf 300 certification level (Jamf 400 preferred)
- Strong organizational skills: ability to organize and complete multiple projects of varying lengths.
- Good documentation skills essential.
- High degree of comfort working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Extremely strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in clear, non-technical language
This is a new role on our MDM team to address continued growth and will present the opportunity to gain significant experience in a very large scale environment, while working with other experts to provide the highest level of service expected at Apple. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven, can constantly research and suggest latest technologies, independently troubleshoot technical issues, and work with teams of developers, engineering project managers, and test engineers who take pride in building client and server solutions. Seek out challenges and deliver thoughtfully designed work which maximizes ease of use across a variety of audiences while remaining true to Apple’s history of clean, aesthetically pleasing interfaces and materials.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience