Project Manager - Corporate MDM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Mobile Device Management plays a critical role keeping devices at Apple secure and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. We are looking for an experienced project manager to manage a portfolio of cross-functional projects in the Corporate MDM team. The ideal candidate possesses a strong customer experience ethic, has top-notch people skills, displays creativity and appreciates fully the core strengths that make Apple’s products easy to use.
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
- Strong individual contributor, a self-starter who has great attention to detail.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of functional expertise; competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and staff.
- Presentation and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyse data and information, identify trends and problem statements, create
- innovative solutions and strategies, drive implementation and execution and iterate.
- Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project to management when
- necessary and to advocate for responsible solutions to project problems.
- Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities
- and groups; people management and negotiating skills within a team environment.
- Experience leading global projects of all sizes including large cross-functional initiatives
- Expert ability to set expectations, meet deadlines and ensure accountability to achieve key
As a Project Manager, you will provide hands-on project management: • Create and lead project plans • identify goals, deliverables and dependencies for projects • run project activities in a consistent and reliable approach across the organization. • Obtain approval from key client partners on project completion and execute project closure activities. • Prepare communication plans, risks and mitigation strategies, and related project status reports for key stakeholders. • Identify and run overall project risks and come up with mitigation strategies through interaction with project constituents and stakeholders. • Define and implement the appropriate change management strategy and plans to ensure that change management concerns are addressed during and after project implementation, as well as the project impact is sustainable and supported by the business process owners. • Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. • Facilitate regularly-scheduled project meetings effectively.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- • Knowledge of Mobile Device Management is a plus