AV Design, Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. At Apple our support teams span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As an AV Design Program Manager with Apple, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and move projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span office locations, time zones and geographic regions, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience managing large scale Global AV Deployments.
- Experience managing vendors to deliver defined projects.
- Experience in Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing design, system integration and problem resolution.
• Plan requirements with internal customers. • Provide portfolio reports and forecasts to AV Team Managers. • Manage vendor services to usher projects through the entire lifecycle. • Plan finances and tracking across the portfolio of services. • Build partnerships with stakeholders and regional teams to increase adoption of standards. • Ensure project closure processes are completed - including handover to support and customer training • Help to validate new and improve existing deployments by partnering with AV/VC team. • Set operational goals and lead ongoing process and program improvement initiatives.
Education & Experience
• B.S. in Information Management, a related technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- • CTS Certification.
- • Experience in the construction sector.
- • Experience with project management software and reporting tools.
- • Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- • Business management and consulting skills.
- • Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across multiple stakeholders at varying levels.