Video Conferencing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Play a key role in deploying and maintaining effective video conferencing technologies for Apple. The Video Infrastructure Operation Engineer acts as an SME for all video conferencing inquiries and will often be called upon to handle projects regarding video conferencing patch upgrades, video endpoint migrations, as well as monitor alerting for all video conferencing platforms. Work with numerous adjacent IS&T teams to ensure video conferencing efficiency, professionalism, and quality in the output of any Audio-Video and video conferencing services provided for the clients at Apple.
- 3+ years experience supporting Video and Audio Conferencing in a Cisco environment
- Architectural and infrastructure expertise with Cisco Video Collaboration servers. TMS, CUCM, SME, CMS, and Vidyo
- 3+ years experience solving problems for MacOS and iOS as related to Video Conferencing
- 2+ years experience with any and all Cisco teleconferencing hardware, WebEx, H.323 protocols, SIP, TLS, QoS, and Multipoint Control Units
- 3+ years experience maintaining and solving problems Cisco teleconferencing infrastructure hardware, Cisco VCS/VCS-E, CUCM as well as server maintenance and VM-Ware
- In depth knowledge of network operations best practices, production support, and capacity planning
- Experience working with spreadsheets, documents, and presentations tools to create and maintain technical and functional documentation
- Experience working with changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes
- Experience working and communicating with the user community, interpreting issues, understanding requirements, and deploying solutions
- Experience working with multi-functional teams including functional leads
• Uses the trouble-ticket system to handle, track, and resolve assigned trouble tickets • Follows SLA guidelines on response promptness to all tasks • Monitors and responds to video conference alerting to address issues in remote offices and indicate occurrence of larger wide issues • Provides guidance of onsite teams and ultimately takes responsibility for quality and consistency of video conferencing service in region • Provides support to Tier 1 Support Technicians in the field as a tier 2 & 3 escalation point for all issues occurring with the service • Trace call issues through Cisco infrastructure and solve issues with call quality, call failure and work issue in real time to mitigation of solution, ultimately ending with RCA of issue • Work with and support C-level executives with any and all issues around call quality and when necessary provide white-glove support • Supervises contractors and vendors working on the AV-VC systems, supervising and signing off on break-fix repair, upgrade, or new build installation • Acts as de-facto deployment engineer, operates as domain authority for all infrastructure related video conferencing requests and issues • Solves problems and diagnoses VC quality issues within the LAN & WAN environments • Provisions or migrate new or existing VC endpoints, and maintains endpoints through TMS and CUCM, ensures maximum uptime through monitoring of alerting dashboard • Communicates with the onsite teams for all High-Priority calls to adequately test and prepare physical space as well ensure quality of multipoint call • Takes on tasks for special projects or assignments when requested by clients and executes them within the given timelines • Maintains proficiency in video conferencing and collaborative technology as well as professional office skills both of a technical and non-technical nature
Education & Experience
• B.S. in Information Management, a related technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- •Experience in Audio Visual system troubleshooting.
- •Experience with call center software and reporting tools.