Caffè Macs Front of House Supervisor - PM Shift
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. As a member of the FOH- Front of House Supervisor team you are familiar with most aspects of daily operations, procedures and policies while leading the operations at your Caffè and/or Espresso Bar. You will establish relationships with managers, chefs, department supervisors and hourly employees. You will assist your FOH Manager in the training, development and retention of all FOH staff while maintaining a safe and fun work environment. Do you love interaction with guests as a significant part of your daily routine? At Caffè Macs, guest happiness is top priority. We smile, have a “yes we can attitude” and take great pride and ownership in our jobs. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is our number one goal to surprise and delight.
- We need Supervisors who understand all FOH operations including proficiency in trouble shooting all POS and credit card functions.
- We need leaders to guide a shift and support the FOH team.
- Supervisors perform opening and closing duties, assure that opening, shift change and closing procedures are adhered to.
- Insures all team members are taking proper breaks and meal periods
- Insures all side work is being performed and stations are assigned
- Able to fill in during managers absence
- Understands and is able to complete all daily and weekly reports
- We need those with the cabability and real passion for being the point of contact for all Caffè and guest needs.
- Your passion is in hiring, training and retaining phenomenal people. Develops the leads and other direct reports to become the supervisors and leads of the future.
- Performs all manager duties and completes the MIT program in preparation to become a salaried manager.
The Front of House Supervisor works with their manager to hire and retain great people by mentoring and developing team members. You will lead all FOH staff and daily operations including scheduling, training and discipline of employees. Additionally, be people-focused by cultivating a happy and productive team and helping your manager plan for succession. Operationally, you will interact with management regarding ordering supplies and maintaining inventory, and equipment maintenance, determine scalable operational procedures for your location, and apply Caffè Macs directives to your location and communicate changes to team. Communication is important to a highly-motivated team, so conduct team meetings regularly and correctly follow and be able to teach all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines. In your communications and dealings with guests and employees, maintain the highest standards of conduct and confidentiality. In your attention to detail, work across functions and develop and maintain a good working relationship with the back-of-house management team. We think teamwork is essential to your success. We have the highest standards for customer service when responding to guest concerns and questions in a timely manner so be present during peak periods and be highly motivated to do your life's best work. Work with your direct manager to maintain high customer relations and deal with customer service issues as they arise. Make sure all guests have a positive experience in your location or at events where you will lead the set-up and tear down of those held in your Caffè.
Education & Experience
- ServeSafe certified
- High volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party but may also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain.
- Inclusive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce.
- Extraordinarily Service Oriented - a demonstrable high level of customer service is absolutely mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill.
- Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- You will be standing and sitting most of the day.
- We thrive in our fast paced work environment and look for people who love this, too. Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Able to understand sanitation directions