Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a gray box focused QA Engineer to join our iTunes Store QA team. Our AMP organization is responsible for running all e-commerce for the iTunes and App Stores, Apple Music service, and related content delivery services. The AMP Commerce QA team is an integral part of an exciting and dynamic development organization.
- 5+ years of QA experience, with a consistent track record of finding software defects and writing corresponding bug reports
- Technical expertise with iOS and Android mobile computing platforms
- Proficiency on Mac OS and Windows computing platforms
- Proficiency with Charles Proxy or similar HTTP traffic monitoring tools
- Proficiency with log file aggregation and query tools, such as Splunk
- You're flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- You have a proven ability to partner with and communicate with cross functional team members, and to seek out additional information as necessary
- You're able to work independently
- You're comfortable with command-line interfaces, some exposure to shell scripts and UNIX.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to autonomously solve problems, as well as collaborate with your direct and extended teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
You will be responsible for testing and qualification of the iTunes & App Stores, Apple Music service, and related store services with a focus on testing e-commerce related features including consumer user interfaces and commerce data reconciliation. In addition, you will be interacting with internal and external teams and at times will be assigned infrastructure related projects for scalability solutions. With customers in over 155 countries, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books, and of course, Apps.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience