Xcode Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's innovative iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, software engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools they use everyday. The Xcode team is looking for a detail-oriented and focused Quality Engineer with the curiosity to find bugs and the initiative to get them fixed.
- Excellent communication skills and deep knowledge of developer tools
- Ability to find simple solutions to existing complex problems and workflows
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Passion for perfecting beautiful user interfaces and seamless user experiences
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and scripting languages
- iOS or macOS development
- Comfortable with rapid development release cycles and tight schedules
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
We’re looking for a highly creative, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual, excellent at communicating with other teams about the health of their parts of the IDE. You’ll be paired with a development team, and work with them to extend their automated testing to help ship a high quality Xcode. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. You’ll have the opportunity to build shared API for testing, and be challenged to come up with testing strategies that maximize coverage of your component with minimal manual intervention. Additionally, you’ll: • Identify test scopes and prioritize testing with rapid development cycles • Execute tests with attention to detail and communicate the overall quality with relevant teams • Drive teams to resolve issues, championing issues that you think will negatively impact developers
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.