Technical Project Manager - iCloud
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. iCloud is an exciting environment and a dynamic development organization. We're seeking a rock star project manager to drive projects in the iCloud space, focusing on continuous integration/deployment, automation to improve operational reliability and evolving to the next versions. Project Manager on the iCloud team are responsible for launching features for our external developers and customers. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex project under demanding timelines. We seek the hands on project manager that will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, planning, execution, delivery, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. We seek strong fundamentals, but desire more. You take responsibility and feel a personal stake in the features you ship. You communicate responsibilities and scope clearly and value integrity. You handle conflict and have a curious mind to know how things work. You work for the success of the entire PM team and thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; and you ship code which millions of customers will rely on.
- 5+ years of project management experience in software products or consumer electronics
- Detailed knowledge of software development processes.
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starter, self-motivated, focused, self-sufficient dedicated with proven critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (basic understanding various components of the application stack including hosts, networking layers, and software foundation.)
- Strong technical proficiency: server architecture and development, build & release systems, and bonus points for past programming experience (ability to explain technical overview and draw high level system diagram)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed cross-functional capacity.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and Splunk is a plus.
We drive and ship all aspects of large, multi-functional programs and feature areas Lead all aspects for multiple programs including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation Define business, functional, and reporting requirements, often writing them yourself Take a role in improving how programs are run and executed Own overall multi-functional program schedules including development on iCloud and other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, Platform, operations and other organizations both within and outside of Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or EE, or BS with relevant industry experience