Biomedical Data Scientist - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out innovative and exciting technology for Apple’s future products and features in health. We are seeking a highly capable Biomedical Data Scientist to join a multi-disciplinary team to prototype and assess the feasibility of industry-defining health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Experience working with physiological signals and knowledge of the underlying human physiology.
- Excellent Python (e.g. SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter) programming and object-oriented design skills. C/C++ experience is a plus.
- Strong command of signal processing and general algorithm development techniques.
- Experience training and deploying machine learning models (e.g. tree-based models, neural networks) and a good understanding of statistical techniques and concepts.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git) and best practices from software development.
- Comfortable ingesting, cleaning, and analyzing large volumes of data, generating novel insights, and communicating findings.
- Experience designing studies to test scientific hypotheses with appropriate statistical power.
- Strong data visualization and communication skills.
Develop algorithms that extract interesting information from physiological signals and data, and assist in on device implementation. Develop, train, and tune machine learning models that operate on physiological data, and bring these models to final deployment. Ingest, analyze, and interpret human study data to generate insights related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance. Work cross-functionally to define sensor and algorithm specifications, design and development goals, and performance targets. Help design both small and large-scale studies to collect data for algorithm development and demonstrate feasibility of our technologies. Communicate results and findings within the team, to outside teams, and to Apple executives.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (preferred) or Master’s in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with relevant industry experience in medical, physiological, health, wellness and/or fitness sensors, devices, and applications.
- You will thrive in our fast-paced environment if you are highly organized and able to multitask.
- Flexible thinking, adaptability to change and comfort with ambiguity are hallmarks of successful people on our team.
- We look forward to witnessing your excellent communication and interpersonal skills during the interview process.
- A proven ability to work seamlessly with others is required to acclimate quickly to our culture.
- We highly value your analytical mind and problem-solving skills, and expect a stellar attention to detail.