Operations Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking an Operations Program Manager (OPM) for the Global Repair Center (GRC) business. This is an individual contributor role that provides Operations and Manufacturing Automation expertise. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding industrial engineering activities as they pertain to Repair Center (RC) manufacturing supporting AppleCare and ensuring the best service manufacturing practices possible. An OPM at Apple is a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized and detail oriented with the ability to facilitate actions and resolve conflicts while communicating with ease at all levels and an extraordinary teammate. If this sounds like you, please keep reading.
- 7+ years of direct, practical experience with automation solutions in a manufacturing environment
- In depth understanding of industrial engineering operations, Factory layouts, footprint optimization and New Product Implementation (NPI)
- Practical experience providing manufacturing operations and repair center activities
- Validated history of developing creative manufacturing solutions
- Experience sourcing suppliers and/or design machine solutions
- Deep automation implementation experience
- Experience presenting change proposals to business partners across the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically 10-25% annually
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Integrating the best manufacturing processes into the repair centers and working directly with site OPM’s. - Seek to find opportunities for automation in the repair centers manufacturing process - Lead as a subject matter authority in manufacturing changes that require IE expertise or content - Facilitate factory layouts, footprint optimization and New Product Implementation - Collaborate with contract manufacturers to implement change to manufacturing processes - Act as an IE consultant in situations where contract manufacturer needs advice or help. - Perform and/or use Time Motion Studies to balance manufacturing line UPH. - Present change proposals to multiple partners within Apple.
Education & Experience
- BS Engineering or other technical degree plus 7 years of IE experience - MBA or MS in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations Management, Information Systems or similar field preferred.