Elk Grove, California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Mobile Device Management plays a critical role keeping devices at Apple secure and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. We are looking for an MDM expert with extensive experience in large scale enterprise environments who has the passion to lead a team of like-minded engineers in taking our MDM service to the next level.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership or senior technical lead role for a large enterprise MDM environment
- Experience with high profile, large scale, tough deadline projects
- System administration experience; primarily in Unix systems such as Linux and macOS
- Experience in coding and scripting: shell, perl, php; AppleScript a plus
- Requires strong experience with MDM, focusing on macOS, iOS and tvOS
- Jamf experience essential; minimum Jamf 300 certification level (Jamf 400 preferred)
- Strong organizational skills: ability to organize and complete multiple projects of varying lengths.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills essential.
- ability to explain technical concepts in clear, non-technical language
As the demand for the Corporate MDM service continues to grow rapidly we are forming a team to best position ourselves to deliver a service at the highest level, as expected at Apple. We handle very large numbers of devices (macOS, iOS and tvOS) and support a wide variety of business units with unique needs that MDM can solve for. This role requires the day to day management of a small but rapidly growing team of MDM experts. Oversight of the infrastructure (VMs and DBs) we use to run the Jamf application on and associated integrations that make up our Corporate MDM service. Constant analysis of the architecture and technology in place and identification of enhancements possible through remediation of known defects or implementation of feature requests. Wide ranging cross functional collaboration with the many departments we interact with on a weekly basis, including Directory Services and Information Security, for new initiatives, support or dependencies. Seek out challenges and deliver thoughtfully designed work which maximizes ease of use across a variety of audiences while remaining true to Apple’s history of clean, aesthetically pleasing interfaces and materials. If you like to obsess over the fine details and have the drive to take your ideas and objectives to reality then we would like to talk to you!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience