QA Engineer – QA Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an expert QA engineer who is passionate and dedicated to software quality. You will own complete functional areas and must be able to independently define test approaches and strategies, as well as execute test plans for both mobile and desktop applications. Excellent written and verbal communications is required. You must be comfortable working with cross-functional teams, organizing test results, and escalating blockers to the management team. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- - QA experience and knowledge with macOS, Win, iOS, tvOS
- - Deeply understand software development cycle, QA methodologies and practices
- - Possess traditional black and gray box testing methodologies and skills
- - Master in bug detection, report and regression skills
- - Demonstrate ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- - Highly professional, with the ability to deliver quality work on tight schedules
- - Must be ambitious, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- - Knowledge of CharlesProxy or similar network monitoring tools
The ideal candidate is ambitious and dynamic with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. Experience with client/server architecture and request/response flows should also be a core area of experience as well as the ability to access and interpret server logs. You will be systematic at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk. In addition, you will be ‘very detail oriented’, and can juggle manual as well as automation testing, and can work in a dynamic testing environment. We are seeking a strong individual contributor that can work on projects independently and will also be required to collaborate with other team members. Candidate must be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. This position requires strong analytical skills in not only approaching and executing tests but in analyzing the details of test results for projects. Strong bug reporting skills and ability to communicate clearly with developers are a must.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience