Sr. Program Manager - Data & Analytics, Supply Chain
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Sr. Program Manager within the Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering organization, you will own global projects from Inception through Benefits Realization. As a program leader you will drive transformational data and analytics initiatives for improving the effectiveness and efficiency for supply chain business functions. Having the right blend of technological depth, supply chain functional expertise and program management skills is key to the success of the role. You will be expected to lead end to end delivery of large to small scale programs through active leadership and partner management, both at strategic and tactical levels. Very Strong presentation skills and executive presence, with effective communication to create impact and influence both at executive and mid-level management.
- Solid track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Work in a matrix organization and navigate effectively through Communication and relationship building.
- Define and drive the long-term vision & develop strategic roadmaps to achieve the vision and goal.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and accountability for the overall success of the program.
- Experience planning, managing, delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) programs/projects.
- Experience across multiple industry sectors is helpful, with high tech highly preferred.
- Broad supply chain management expertise including procurement, manufacturing, logistics & fulfillment.
- Strong familiarity with operational processes, systems and data in multiple areas of operations - such as Supply Chain Planning, logistics, Channel Operations, product operations, etc.
- Deliver highly available, reliable, innovative large-scale data warehousing solutions to facilitate data induction, build optimized aggregates and building reporting solutions.
- Provide leadership and expertise to define solutions architecture and strategies at all layers, for next generation reporting platform with high performance and scalability.
- Experience with a broad range of technology capabilities in BI and DW, with industry trends and new age platforms.
- Strong familiarity in the database technologies like Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle and Vertica and multiple BI platforms such as Business Objects, Tableau, and others.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of the program working with multiple teams.
- Provide technical guidance, direction and problem solving to engineering team members. Drive technical excellence in software development and solution design.
- Use and help chip in to standard software engineering processes (Waterfall/Agile), improve development methodologies over time. Engage with architects, engineers, BI developers across regions and departments to deliver the program.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and some experience writing code.
- Strong business analysis skills - capturing and documenting requirements, understanding business impacts and trade-offs, conducting interviews and workshops, proposing solutions, documentation and process mapping, etc.
- Literacy with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
This role will be part of a core BI business team that supports Worldwide Operations at Apple and the role requires a deep understanding of supply chain operations functions to handle complex, global initiatives supporting a wide range of BI initiatives. You will be responsible for leading cross-organizational teams to define, build and roll-out innovative technology and business process solutions that improve customer satisfaction, builds customer loyalty, drive revenue and increase efficiencies. The role will work with senior management and global teams to define technological and capability roadmaps, driving improvements of the organization, processes and use of systems and data for Apple's Supply Chain organization. This effort is directly linked to our customer strategy and needs to be forward-looking. This may include: • Strong understanding of business intelligence technologies, concepts, architectures and methodologies • Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs. • Building internal and external expertise driving innovation. • Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing standards • Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency. • Proposing and driving new solutions that may be implemented WW or addressing local processes. • Strong data and BI analysis skills - detailed analysis and definitions of critical metrics, measures, business logic and calculations, hierarchies and aggregations, source system analysis, reporting requirements, etc. • Ability to understand and influence the technical solution and scalability concerns. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In partnership with the Operations business function, BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) and IS&T (Information Systems & Technology), you will: 1. Serve as liaison to Operation teams to develop solution capabilities to support business analytics requirements. 2. Partners with key partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation. 3. Consults business stakeholders and team members within Operations and Channel partners. 4. Define and drive programs and projects relevant to the delivery of BI, reporting, and analytics capabilities 5. Drives the design, development, implementation and management of projects/programs 6. Lead change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach 7. Create and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success 8. Addresses escalations, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. MS or MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of program management experience and 7+ years of experience developing DW/BI solutions
- Strong process focus, able to see opportunities for improvement in the business