Business Affairs, Video
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Business Affairs, Video, partners with Producers, Advertising Team and Global Business Affairs Team to handle business affairs needs within Video Production Department. This role is heavy on talent with both foreign, domestic, non-union shoots and union and requires close cooperation with producers, content managers, legal, brand teams, advertising team, music supervisors, and additional Marcom personnel through development and production of creative and marketing videos.
- You have at least 4 years experience in an agency or corporate business affairs role and 3 years of experience negotiating talent contracts.
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize, lead and problem-solve multiple projects while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- You posses extraordinary communication and time management skills and you can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You have deep knowledge of talent management (SAG/AFTRA/Non Union Celebrity) and negotiating licensing agreements.
- You are dynamic and remain curious, asking questions and digging deep to find solutions.
- You are responsible, ambitious, highly organized individual who learns quickly and communicates well with others.
- You are flexible and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
Understand and provide guidance on advertising law, talent, production and music matters. Partner cross-functionally and with greater global BA team and outside ad agency to complete localization of third party content, and partner as needed with content production teams for additional translation. Work with Producers as well as Business Affairs (BA) teams to creatively solve, lead, and evolve the team within our production department. Lead entire project from concept to wrap and maintain line of sight into all facets of production including thinking ahead on project, clearance and legal needs for the talent process. Successfully build positive relationships with creative people who span many fields across Apple. Bridge the gap between the video production team and the larger Apple BA team. Responsible for database systems, tracking content usage across multiple productions. Provide solutions to production challenges that fit creatively while still being legally cleared, financially responsible, and keeping in line with the product, creative, and strategic objectives. Mentor and lead junior BA members, especially as department grows. Take on special projects as needed.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree or a related degree is preferred.