Java Software Engineer - Customer Systems (Austin, Texas)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Customer Systems team within the Engineering Solutions organization as a Software Engineer. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create innovative and scalable solutions, who is passionate about quality and has a keen eye for details. Be ready to make something great when you come here. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- Hands on experience with design, development and product-ionizing highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Strong Java/J2EE background: Restful Services, Spring, myBatis.
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases, distributed cache
- Clear understanding of best practices in service oriented architecture and handling of large distributed datasets.
- Fault Tolerant architectures, zero downtime systems.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, tools and best practices.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience.
- Proven track record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules.
In this role, you will design and build Apple's core services for mission critical customer facing applications. You will champion your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business. - Hands on coding and development of critical system components as well as review team deliverables for accuracy, quality, and completeness. - Drive documentation of technical design and architecture of the system. - Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team. - Work under aggressive schedules and with cross functional teams to achieve large initiatives. - Influence work of cross functional teams to ensure best in class solutions. - Work with vendors, cross functional teams and internal partners. - You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues. - You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with a minimum of 4 years technical experience in relevant areas.
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?