Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work on a dynamic team that is all about delivering a quality experience on some of the world’s most creative products? The HomePod Systems QA Team is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced QA engineer with a passion for consumer electronics and technologies like AirPlay, Wi-Fi, precision audio, and Siri. You'll enjoy working on a team of diverse-minded Systems QA engineers as we take on new problems and help refine brand-new technologies for a simple and elegant user experience. You'll partner closely with the hardware teams as we develop the next generation of devices that seem almost magical. You'll also work with software engineering on planning for the new set of features that will take HomePod to the next level. Don't you appreciate it when your products just work? Come be a part of a team using creativity and innovation to test features that our customers love. You will be proud of your work through every step of the development cycle and will help make HomePod more flexible, reliable and easy to use.
- Minimum of 3 years in a quality-focused role, preferably working on consumer electronics.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies, such as test planning, scheduling, and
- Experience being responsible for a complete functional area of a product or application.
- Experience working with partners across different teams and organizations to clearly
- communicate status and raise critical issues.
- Ability to think analytically, reduce data sets, problem-solve, and innovate.
• Build, modify, and execute tests for validation of hardware and software features at the system level (the whole, integrated product) • Design and execute integrated system/scenario tests (including ad-hoc and interoperability) • Write test plans and other test documentation • Work cross-functionally with other QA teams, Developers, and Project Managers • Create automation tools to improve testing abilities • Report status on tests, projects, and innovation regularly • Be a vocal proponent for quality, both internally and externally
Education & Experience
- BS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience.