Business Development Manager, Worldwide Sales
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an outstanding, collaborative and ambitious individual to work on disposition strategy and sales for a range of Apple hardware products as part of the Worldwide Sales and Business Development team. In this role you will be responsible for determining appropriate sales channels, proposing prices and deal terms, negotiating agreements, and ensuring the proper execution to appropriately move product. The role is highly collaborative and requires working with supply/demand management, AppleCare, product marketing, finance and regional sales channel teams around the world.
- You have strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- You have experience selling or providing sales support in the B2B technology or telecom industries.
- You have a deep understanding of the role of price and drivers of value in distributor market, and familiarity with features in the high end mobility category.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You possess exemplary relationship management skills; experience working with international teams, and demonstrated empathy for regional needs and preferences.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. You obsess over how they experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- You think clearly. You simplify complex problems and distill big decisions down to their core. It’s rarely easy. Sometimes decisions require you to make tough calls, even after considerable energy has been invested - but you own it. You stand by your deep analysis, wisdom and experience to make quality and timely decisions.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
We craft B2B deals to sell a range of Apple products. We develop channel strategy for moving product effectively. We monitor market trends in price and volume to determine where and how to move product. We propose pricing for deals based on market analytics and value. We negotiate with potential purchasers to secure deals that deliver desired market and financial results. We develop analytics and decks to explain proposed deals to senior management. We collaborate with regional teams to execute agreed-to deals, ensuring completion of approval processes and enabling on-time shipment of product. We work on special projects related to the hardware markets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s in a quantitative field is preferred.