Site Reliabilty Engineer - Apple Information Security
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This role will be responsible for designing, building, running, and monitoring testing and integration infrastructure to support a variety of critical systems. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires expertise supporting systems at enterprise scale. You will deliver innovative solutions in key areas: - Engineering - continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and services - Reliability - drive fault detection and correction, performance and uptime at global scale - Monitoring - instrument systems for visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time AUTOMATION AND ORCHESTRATION TO ENABLE: - Accelerated infrastructure, application and software configuration deployment - Automated response to alerts or indicators of performance issues -Infrastructure as code
- 5+ years of managing services in a distributed, mission critical *nix environment
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, Kubernetes Experience with CI/CD tools and deployment processes
- Familiarity with supporting infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of network protocols and network based services, including routing and network load balancing
- Proven understanding Linux/Unix system internals, including kernel tuning Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Deep understanding and experience with centralized configuration management, coordination and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- You are capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Build, engineer and support developer productivity tools - Partner with application teams to build automated testing and integration frameworks - Provide engineering and operational support for distributed systems as well as network based information security tools, including for configuration management and provisioning - Implement and maintain security controls within cloud and bare metal computing environments - Work closely with development teams to understand application performance and behavior patterns to dedicatedly monitor, tune and correct issues before they occur - Find opportunities to improve security tooling reliability, performance and security - Develop tools and automation to eliminate manual and repetitive efforts
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.