SQA Automation Engineer - Settings & Screen Time
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Systems Application team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to current and future releases of iOS and macOS. Our team is responsible for developing automation and qualifying Settings and Utilities on iOS and macOS. We work in a fast-moving dynamic environment that fosters creativity and collaboration with the developers to deliver innovative features and products.
- Proficient understanding of iOS, macOS and Unix
- Understanding of networking, problem isolation, documenting test plans or test matrices, and SQA testing methodologies
- Experience with user interface software components and demonstrated knowledge of user-facing issues
- Ability to analyze and regress software issues
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Systems Application Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
This position requires an independent and organized individual with a technical background qualifying software. The candidate should be a self-motivated individual who works well independently and with a team. General responsibilities include writing test plans, developing automation scripts, executing manual and automated tests, configuring test suites that represent real world scenarios, assisting developers with problem isolation, working with cross-functional teams, and communicating technical issues. Develop test plan and document test cases for new features Develop automation tests for new and existing features Execute existing manual and automation test suites Provide reliable estimates of planned testing work and track progress regularly against estimates for scheduling purposes Prioritize testing to account for schedule and risk Screen incoming bugs for team components Make suggestions to improve testing procedures and strategies Bring industry knowledge to improve the functionality and user experience of our products
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience