Data Automation Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Product Operations team is seeking an experienced Software Developer with a passion for crafting and architecting backend API’s and is comfortable anywhere in the stack including front-end development. Our application developers are responsible for building the system that enables Apple to manufacture every product. This means your code needs to be high quality and designed with scale in mind. We aren't just seeking the technical skills, but the finesse with anticipating, and not over architecting your solutions. The ability to develop clear and simple solutions for complex problems. Do you maintain ‘grace under fire’? If you handle pressures and rise to any occasion: with data to back-up debugging, failure analysis, design, testing and deployment, than this dynamic role will be somewhere you can excel.
- 5+ years in a senior role working across the entire web stack
- 5+ years, proven experience building robust HTTP API's and other backend services using Python, NodeJS (Golang or Java)
- 3+ years developing complex applications with database solutions (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) at medium to large scale (>100 GB, 100 million rows).
- Experience with PostgreSQL (optimize queries, configuring data pipelines and underlying data engine) strongly preferred
- Experience with front-end technologies and frameworks (Angular, React, D3) is ideal
- A strong desire to produce high quality software through test driven development, code reviews, building out solutions cradle to grave
- Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial experience or exposure is a plus, but not required
- Experience interacting with industrial controllers like PLCs, Robot controllers, etc. a plus
- International and domestic travel up to 10-15% in a given year
This is a rare opportunity to put your signature on how Apple manufactures everything. This full stack software engineer will be working with a unique blend of mechanical engineers, automation and robotics specialists, and data scientists building novel applications to impact IoT initiatives (Industry 4.0). The data collected using connected devices, sensor data and digitized machinery as distributed systems are changing the way manufacturing is done. You will be: - Architecting and scaling our existing application API’s and databases - Leading the team as we design future systems - Query and write large amounts of data into the database in the scale of millions of records - Crafting software solutions will enable manufacturing engineering teams on the ingestion of product and process data for new products - Writing the code to ingest and/or control production line equipment like lasers, sensors, and other hardware - Developing with diverse and evolving combinations of old and new, closed and open source technologies that best fit the problem at hand We are not looking for a solution for now; but rather the best solution for tomorrow. We are an ambitious team that takes smart risks and challenges everything -- including each other. None of us are the best at everything but all are the best at something. You should be the best at delivering high quality API’s.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.