Engineering Program Manager - iPhone Display
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a premier Engineering Program Manager to join the Display team. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation display technologies. The Display EPM team features a team oriented environment with creative, smart people and state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Are you ready to join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet? If so, apply today.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Preferred: MS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge of LCD design and process
- Experience in consumer/portable products Experience working with off shore suppliers and manufacturers
- A working understanding of high volume manufacturing processes
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members. Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and/or ambiguity.
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a team environment.
- You should be a confident organizer and excellent leader who can work multi-functionally with multiple teams throughout Apple as well as with external suppliers. - You will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues along the way. - This position demands technical strengths in many areas, including optical, mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES - Define project plans and schedules. - Drive project execution. - Lead internal and external multi-functional teams in engineering and validation activities - Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication - Strong presentation and communication skills required - Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues - Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently - Lead development budgets and engineering builds
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.