Software Engineer, Foundation Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you like the idea of running global services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience of developing and maintaining infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment
- Strong core Java and Java EE programming skills
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- Experience with Java web frameworks such as Spring MVC
- Experience writing Java libraries and developing REST APIs (i.e. writing code/services meant to be used by others)
- Experience with writing hand-crafted SQL, PL/SQL
- Familiarity with Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Jetty etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Phenomenal Debugging skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Must be self-directed, analytical and work well in a large cross functional environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team of Foundation Services to build and run the platform that delivers Apple’s services to all of its customers around the world. Help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. Responsibilities will include: Measurement and optimization of system performance Build automation frameworks/scripts Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks. Participate in new technology evaluation, design and development of highly scalable distributed databases Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward, getting ahead of our customers’ needs, getting people incentivized to transform, innovate and continually improve.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.