Backup & Recovery Solutions Expert
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. You will impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you like solving complex problems in a dynamic environment? Do you have the ability to see around corners and anticipate the needs of critical business customers? Do you want to use and expand upon your knowledge and experience in data protection to take service offerings to the next level? If so, this may be the role for you. Apple’s IS&T Backup and recovery environment is a fast-paced environment that supports the protection and backup of tens of thousands of various OS impressions and hundreds of petabytes of storage. In conjunction with several vendor-supported products, we want to deploy tooling to manage and provision back-ups as a service for our internal customers. If you are looking to use your data protection background to improve the way data is protected, we should talk.
- - 5 years in a Storage / Backup & Recovery role
- - Strong knowledge of Unix / Linux / Backup fundamentals
- - Experience with common development tools, repositories and CI/CD practices
- - Engineering-to-Architectural level experience with the following: TSM / Spectrum Protect, NetBackup, NetWorker, Avamar, DataDomain appliances using NAS and DDboost ingest points
- - Fundamental understanding of using Object Storage for backup endpoint
- - Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell scripting (ksh preferred)
- - Dedication to quality deliverables
- - Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
As a Backup & Recovery Solutions Expert for the IS&T Backup & Recovery team, you are working directly with internal business customers to streamline, solidify and validate data protection technologies and services. In addition you will be continuously evaluating new products, services and technologies while helping support the day-to-day engineering tasks associated with the existing environment.
Education & Experience
CS or equivalent experience plus 5 years of work in a large Storage / Backup & Recovery environment.
- On-call / Off-hours work required