Data Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help us make Siri smarter! We're seeking software engineers and architects to work on growing Siri's knowledge base. As an expert in developing software to manage large, dynamic data sets, you'll be building a data platform to support a rapidly scaling organization.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and Java
- • Experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using the Apache
- software stack (e.g. Spark, HBase)
- • Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- • Solid system development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Mac OS)
- • Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- • Good communication skills and teamwork
- • Passion for building phenomenal products
- • Curiosity and desire to learn
Apple is hiring a senior data platform engineer for Siri's Knowledge team. You'll be working at the frontier of AI, crunching massive amounts of data for Siri's knowledge base. In a fast-paced, continuously-integrated environment, you'll design and implement robust, scalable systems capable of processing an ever-growing data set while keeping latency low and quality high. You'll work closely with knowledge extraction engineers to integrate new data, and with engineers from across Siri to deliver data for customer-facing services. Your responsibilities will also include developing tools and tests to ensure quality and help diagnose issues.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field