Sr Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. We are a dynamic group and you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join the Motion Technology Team to work on the software infrastructure supporting the development of the next generation of health and fitness features. In this role, you will be part of a high-energy team that has successfully delivered industry-leading software features on WatchOS, iOS, macOS, and more.
- Strong engineering skill in Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and workflows
- Experience with modern cloud computing technologies such as Spark, NoSql, Cassandra, Kafka, AirFlow, Hadoop
- Prior experience with modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
The team is looking for an expert software engineer who will be focused on developing the infrastructure that allows our team to develop the next generation of health and fitness features. In addition to the design and implementation of this infrastructure, you will be responsible for communicating with data scientists and algorithm researchers to determine the most effective models to improve data access, promote scientific research, and eventually ship groundbreaking features to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Interest in health and fitness technology is a big plus.
- Direct experience building highly scalable data storage solutions with emphasis on accessibility by data scientists and algorithm researchers is also heavily valued.