Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Performance Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology platform and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant and resilient, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for a senior engineer to lead Performance Engineering efforts for our complex backend software services, analytics pipelines, reporting portals, and APIs. You have a keen eye for setting baseline automation for performance measurements and analysis. You will mentor teams on performance standard methodologies. You will automate performance monitoring, scripting to improve system performance and utilize open source tools for profiling. You will orchestrate performance tests across services and you will assist in the creation of processes and procedures.
- You have 6+ years of experience in software development in Java/Linux environment and Performance Engineering of distributed systems and web services.
- You have a deep understanding of factors influencing performance of software applications at multiple layers including services, databases, network, CPU and memory utilization, JVM and threads, query performance etc.
- You have strong knowledge of web services architecture and distributed systems at scale, developing comprehensive strategy for performance testing, measurement, monitoring and analysis, baselining and performance tuning is a requirement.
- You have strong knowledge of open source tools such as JMeter/Locust/Gatling/Tsung and ability to evaluate other technologies to build optimal tech stack for performance engineering.
- You have strong Database knowledge in Oracle, Casandra and performance optimization techniques.
- You have experience in cloud-based performance testing in Docker containers, AWS, Git repository, and resilience engineering.
- You have expertise coding in Java, and working on various programming / scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Shell).
- Experience working with Big Data, Hadoop echo system, Kafka, Solr and other cutting edge technologies is a strong plus.
- Ability to lead performance optimization efforts coupled with excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- You have the ability to seek out information from different sources who have limited time availability.
- You have the ability to work with open ended problems and adapt to changing technology landscape and work under minimal supervision.
E2E QE group is a SWAT team of Ads Platforms group responsible for building automation platform, performance engineering and other capabilities to improve E2E quality of Ad Platforms offerings. We strive for efficiency to reduce time to market for features that impacts the business bottom line. We operate at scale, think creatively, and build cutting edge technology framework to achieve quality goals. Our E2E QE group works with multiple cross functional teams within Ad Platforms as well as working with various teams across Apple to deliver quality products and set quality standards in a collaborative and fast paced environment. As a member of our E2E QE team you will be responsible for developing comprehensive solutions and capabilities that helps deliver quality products expertly and effectively.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required, MS in Computer Science preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.