Integration Engineer - CoreOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. What are we doing? We are working to take the build, integration and test process of the low-level components of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS to the next level (think kernel and low-level libraries). We don’t have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn’t just a theoretical exercise. We won’t be satisfied with anything less than outstanding.
- An Integration Engineer who has aptitude to add to a team being bootstrapped in the Core OS organization with the following qualifications:
- - Demonstrate proficiency with Git as well as scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash), if you are the right person, we don’t mind which technology you are used to, as long as you show flexibility
- - always iterating and seeking new ways to automate repetitive tasks
- - comfortable writing code and ideally familiar with TDD
- - have a deep understanding of branching and software configuration management
- - will work closely with engineering and Project Management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
As Integration Engineer, you’ll oversee the integration process of the Kernel and related components for all of Apple’s OS releases. You’ll work as part of an agile team that is responsible for coordinating a large number of software changes daily. Our aim is to provide fast turnaround to all of our partners. You will work hands-on with various tools to raise the bar for automation of day-to-day operations and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.