Commerce Engineer, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable commerce platform? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated, talented individual who will work on building and enhancing large-scale systems using distributed data stores with a strong focus on scalability and performance. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference.
- At least 5 years of exceptional Java programming experience
- Object-oriented programming
- Hands-on software engineering experience, particularly with Java and Service Oriented Architectures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in gray areas
- The attitude that technical debt as an opportunity for better engineering
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL and entity relationship modeling
- Experience programming for eventual consistency
- Experience working in a large code base
- Experience/knowledge working on highly scalable applications and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Familiarity with data privacy and data protection regulations and standards
Customer privacy is very important at Apple and we take tremendous care in how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store the information of our customers. You will work with an engineering team within Apple Media Products (AMP) Commerce Engineering to develop technical solutions to global data privacy regulations covering several areas including data access/consent and data retention. You will work cross-functionally with several teams including Apple-wide program management, legal aYou will work on adding new integrations, scaling current data flows, and re-imagining existing processes to accommodate developing features and architectures. We offer a diverse set of products, often with dissimilar taxation, accounting and reporting requirements. These requirements are often country specific and can change quickly as legislative bodies update local laws. All of this operates on an immense scale, both in volume and business complexity. We are seeking a Java engineer with experience implementing large scale systems. Working independently, you will drive a project from inception to production deployment with a strong focus on performance to get the most out of your systems' designs and implementations, no matter what the scale. You will care about measuring, profiling, tuning but you will also be able to think creatively and question assumptions. You should be a phenomenal teammate and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
A BS/MS/ in Computer Engineering/Computer Science is required.