Senior Linux Systems Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay team is looking for Senior Linux Systems Engineers (SE). To support Apple Pay’s rapid growth and expansion this new role will be part of the Core Engineering team at Apple Pay.
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, Unix, CoreOS, etc.
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef… Been there and done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Nomad, Swarm… Yup, you’ve seen it all.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc).
- Nagios, Prometheus, Sensu… tuning monitoring just right is imperative to success.
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- You’re a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- You’re an expert in the Systems Engineering space, but don’t want to be limited to that space. As part of the Core Apple Pay Engineering team, what excites you is the opportunity to have a broad impact on the product and customer experience.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault, Terraform is a plus.
This is an opportunity for a small team of experienced SEs to architect and implement the future of of Apple Pay’s internal cloud computing platform. If you are passionate about automating availability, reliability, security and compliance at scale into systems that enabled the experience of millions of customers, then this is your kind of role. You’ll be embedded in the existing team of talented engineers that are already focusing on development, quality, performance, reliability, infrastructure, security and compliance.
Education & Experience
Computer Science degree or relevant experience