NoSQL Architect, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay Engineering is looking for an experienced Datastax Cassandra Architect who can contribute towards making strategic decisions about scaling, maintainability and reliability of the existing Datastax Casssandra Cluster(s) and then lead the team in hands-on implementation. You would join a team responsible for providing scalability solutions for our ever growing business and data processing needs. Are you interested in solving the most complex and high scale Big Data challenges in the world today? Do you like the idea of running critical financial services that are used by millions of people all over the world? Do you want to help change how the world uses their wallet and money? If you love to solve internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then this is the right job for you.allet and money? If you love to solve internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then this is the right job for you.
- A desire to constantly learn new technologies and stay abreast of the distributed computing landscape and drive digital transformation
- Drive high levels of engagement through discovery sessions, enablement and solution positioning with executives and technical stakeholders
- Ability to configure and tune performance of Cassandra, solr and spark clusters
- Experience with developing and debugging Enterprise J2EE applications integrated with Datastax Cassandra
- Advance Understanding and expertise Cassandra or equivalent NOSQL development
- Experience with development using Datastax's Enterprise driver for Java
- In depth knowledge of Cassandra data model design
- Experience with developing monitoring , automation solutions.
- Experience building, scaling and maintaining high volume systems.
- Excellent debugging and system analysis skills
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proven track record of taking ownership of challenging problems and successfully delivering results
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Fast learner who is generous with their knowledge
- Self-directed, demonstrates leadership potential, and a great teammate
- Experience in getting the sizing projection and recommendation/Capacity planning
- Experience with developing Java / J2EE Applications integrating with Cassandra
- Experience with implementation of PCI/SOX Security on Cassandra, (optionally Spark and Solr) is an add-on.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who likes large-scale challenges in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions or architecture to meet business requirements.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent