iOS Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide the on-device machine learning infrastructure, data products, and algorithms supporting some of Apple's most exciting applications and services. Collaborating with Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers the iOS Frameworks Engineer’s focus is the on-device implementation of analytics. Imagine what you could do here.
- Deep understanding of Algorithms & Data Structures
- Passionate problem solver, building the best solutions for the most important problems
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, leveraging problem-solving skills and a learning mindset to build long-term relationships
- Thorough understanding of scalability, reliability, power, and performance, on iOS, both theory and practice
- Knowledge of and experience with Machine Learning is preferred
- Intimate knowledge of iOS APIs - CoreFoundation, Metal, SQLite, CoreML…
- Working knowledge of governance/security concepts and technologies including (encryption, anonymization, PCI, PII, HIPAA, etc.)
- 4+ years proficient experience in Objective-C development on iOS
- At least 6+ hands-on software development experience with C/C++/ObjectiveC or Swift
We are looking for a team member with a strong foundation in computer science theory and industry experience. In this role, you will develop iOS frameworks leveraged by one of Apple’s newest customer-facing apps. You will have a proven ability to solve problems, interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary. Job functions include: *Multi-function collaboration during data discovery, review of data specifications and identification of data with the potential to improve machine learning services *Scoping, design, and implementation of reliable iOS framework for data processing *Data cleaning, feature development, and on-device data product governance *Full lifecycle analytic model ownership including model selection, training, evaluation, deployment, and maintenance
Education & Experience
BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.