Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Order Management team is the central IS&S ordering and fulfillment operations function and is responsible to drive precise execution of the order process. Order Managers ensure that all Apple IS&S purchase requisitions are initiated promptly and orders are signaled for build, shipment and signaled for delivery in line with the agreements with our multi-functional teams. This team works collaboratively with multi-functional teams to secure operational excellence across the regions, use insight and analytics to improve the supply chain process and develop innovative fulfillment strategies.
- Shown analytical skills and ability to make process improvement recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve difficult issues and inspire change within and across functional departments
- Sound decision-making skills and consensus building ability
- Promotes collaboration and is an impetus in projects that involve other functional groups
- Experience delivering to key cross-functional and executive stakeholders
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable, flexible and open-minded to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment that undergoes constant change
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP systems
- Expert in Excel
- Familiar with large supply chain and procurement management, preferably in a data center and/or enterprise electronics
This position is for an experienced Order Fulfillment will lead the Order Managements (OM) roles within our OFO Team. This person will apply data analysis and process mapping to drive the optimal customer fulfillment cycle from order induction through to delivery and post sales support. This person will influence our procurement signal by working with Hardware Engineering groups for manufacturing, testability and material composition, to drive for a responsive supply chains that is optimized for lowest costs, greater operational flexibility, regional fulfillment and highest quality of delivery. You will receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company goals and policies. Recommend changes to policies by establishing procedures that affect the immediate organization. As part of this group you will frequently interact with other cross functional leaders, customers, partners and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among multiple members of a project team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 4 years of experience, Masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skill
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- Ability to negotiate
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- You should be able to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.