Senior Manager - SRE, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Pay is looking for a Senior Manager committed to leading our Reliability Engineering teams around the globe. This position is based in Cupertino and heads an existing organization of managers and individuals in Cupertino, Tokyo, Shanghai and London. Whether you’re thinking Site or Service, this SRE organization has ownership of it all. We’re as actively involved with the infrastructure and operating systems as with the Java code, databases and networking. Our SREs are experts on our services from the business logic down to the metal.
- Extensive experience leading teams responsible for customer facing systems in a high uptime 24-7 environment
- Expertise analyzing complex application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large scale business critical system
- Passionate about leading a global engineering organization
- A depth and breadth of experience with server side Java development, relational databases, eventually consistent, high throughput, cluster-based NoSQL solutions and distributed streaming platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to actively monitoring quality of service using tools like Splunk
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining automation
- Lifelong learner who fosters diversity of thought in their approach to management
As the Senior SRE manager you will shape the future of Apple Pay by being both a product centric and engineering minded leader. You will be responsible for the quality of the customer experience in production and in the ideation, design, and development of what’s to come. You will have a proven ability to solve problems whether they require a rapid response or a long term strategy. You will know when to make a critical decision or gain cross functional consensus.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Nice to have experience:
- Product management
- Project management
- Mobile payments
- Encryption and PKI
- Configuration management experience with Chef, Ansible or similar
- Security and/or compliance