Senior Layout Manager Analog Mixed-Signal
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly transparent role, you will be responsible for the technical management, planning, organization, work breakdown, and resource allocation of analog/mixed-signal macros of custom layout efforts. You will be managing a team of expert layout designers in the execution and review of layout for analog/mixed-signal IP that go into Apple’s industry leading SOCs. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and especially talented Layout Manager. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Typically requires at least of 10+ years of actual hands on analog/mixed-signal and digital layout experience, and at least 7+ years of management experience
- Should have a high level of proficiency at LVS, DRC debugging
- Should have a high level of proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports
- Should have a high level proficiency/knowledge of MENTOR graphics and CADENCE layout entry tools
- Programming skills in any of the following are a plus: Skill, Python or Perl, etc.
- Strong technical and analytical background, etc. Experience with conflict resolution and ability to build consensus between various stakeholders
- Past experience with leading large layout teams
- Strong ability to build, and continuously develop a premier analog/mixed-signal layout team
- Dedicated self starter with excellent communication and analytical skills, and ability to work across interpersonal groups
In this highly transparent role, you will be responsible for the following: Leading a large team of full-time and contract senior layout designers. Assessing schedule, floor plan, and risks to analog/mixed-signal macros. Leading and tracking layout schedules, and hiring additional designers to the team as needed. Identifying and prioritizing project tasks and risks - Working cross functionally with CAD, process technology and circuit design teams in flow improvements, next generation process evaluations and execution - Understanding complex layout design concepts, theory, and tradeoffs, and integrating them into the layout methodology
Education & Experience
BS Degree, or equivalent