Senior QA Engineer, AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking skilled QA engineers to help us develop and test a suite of graphically intense and highly interactive applications. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Deep understanding of software QA methodologies & practices
- Highly organized problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience developing and executing software test plans, user testing programs, regression tests, etc.
- Experience testing large technology stacks with many software and hardware components
The ideal engineer for this role is ready to take a step beyond what many traditionally consider the responsibility of QA. You'll need to take an active role in shaping the quality of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, developing test plans and user studies, automation of unit tests, bug triaging, and supporting design reviews. You'll help us identify holes in coverage, actively sync with multi-functional teams to reduce duplication, foster better testing, and resist regressions.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in systems programming (e.g., Objective-C, Swift, C/C++)
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Experience with real-time 3D graphics
- Familiarity with game development
- Comfortable using profiling tools
- Experience with game engines, i.e. Unity or Unreal
- Ability to design user studies and perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis