Software Engineer in Test, AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking skilled Software Engineers in Test to help us develop and test a suite of graphically intense and highly interactive applications. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Comfortable developing and executing software test plans and user studies
- Highly organized problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Deep understanding of software testing and QA methodologies
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in shaping the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply integrated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in systems programming (e.g., Objective-C, Swift, C/C++)
- Experience with real-time 3D graphics
- Familiarity with game development and game engines, i.e. Unity or Unreal
- Exposure to augmented reality (AR) or virtual reality (VR) applications
- Familiarity with Apple software ecosystem and ARKit
- Ability to design user studies and perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis